Today technology is bringing so much innovation in different areas that almost anything to everything is possible with just a few clicks. Improving your visibility on the internet is quite a task for people, so the technology has come up with the technique of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). With the help of advanced SEO techniques like on-page SEO, the experience of the users can be maintained well.
Introduction- What is On-Page SEO?
On-page SEO, or we can say onsite SEO, is the process through which optimizing is done of various front-end and back-end components that are involved in the websites. This is one of the effective ways to improve the ranks in the search engines and bring new traffic to the website. On-site SEO includes components like content elements, HTML elements, and also site architectural elements.
Mainly Google’s algorithms are based on three factors, i.e., On-page SEO, Off-page SEO, and Technical SEO. Everything is covered in on-page SEO, whereas off-page SEO will only refer to social sharing and external linking. The last one is Technical SEO which refers to the SEO elements but does not include the elements used in practices of onsite SEO and off-page like site speed, mobile readiness, etc.
Why is On-Page SEO important?
With time, many people have come to know about the importance of on-page SEO as it tells Google about the website and also provides value to all visitors. It is a win-win situation for both human eyes and search engine bots.
Nowadays, it is not sufficient to just publish your content on the website. It is crucial to use different practices that can optimize the content for Google and other search engines that can give a rank and also attract new traffic.
Elements of On-Page SEO
- High-quality page content: The page content becomes the heart of the on-page SEO. It will tell both reader and the search engine bots about the business and what they do. It is imperative to create high-quality content by choosing relevant keywords and topics related to the business. The keywords play an important role in improving the content rank on the internet.
- Page titles: Even the website page titles, or title tags play a crucial role in SEO elements. The titles will tell both visitors and the search engine bots what they can easily find on the corresponding pages. It is better to keep the title under 60 characters, don’t stuff your keyword in the title, and also make the title more relevant to the page.
- Meta descriptions: These are like short descriptions that will appear under the titles in the search engine. This can influence the visitor to end up clicking on the page or not. It is always better to make a good meta description under 160 characters, use a compelling sentence and avoid using special characters.
- Structured Markup: Structured markup or structured data is the process of marking up your website so that it is easier for Google to find and understand different elements given in your content. This is considered to be a technical SEO that helps with a better on-page experience for visitors.
- Page URLs: The page URLs should be very simple for both readers and the search engine to find. This will help in keeping up the hierarchy consistent as the user creates a blog post, subpages, etc. There is a need to remove extra unnecessary words from the URL. Even it will be great to use one or more keywords on it.
- Internal linking: It is the process through which hyperlinking to other helpful pages is done on your website. This is one of the best ways to keep your readers for a longer time on your page. The longer your visitors are on your website, the more the time Goggle will get to crawl and index your site pages.
How to improve On-page SEO
Different ways will help in improving On-page SEO. Let’s have a look at them.
- Crawl on your website: It is always better to have an overview of all the website pages that ate present so that the search engine can have an index on them. This is a great way of crawling on the site and export on the results into the excel file.
- Frequently conduct SEO audit: It is always better to keep checking on the performance of SEO so that you always know where the SEO is lacking and needs some changes. It will be great to start defining your architectural site and your existing pages.
- Keep updating URLs, page titles, and meta descriptions: Review the current URLs, meta descriptions, and page titles and keep yourself updated with them. It is better to maintain the length of the URL, meta description, and page title so that it isn’t tough for the visitors to get in.
- Include your keywords through your web page: Keywords play a significant role in the onsite content. So all the content that you have posted on the website must have keywords sprinkled naturally throughout the content. This will show better traffic to the website.
- Don’t overstuff keywords: It is seen that some content is loaded with keywords; this can show a negative impact on the website. It is rightly said that excess of everything is bad, so the same goes with keywords in the content.
- Establish value propositions for each page: This is an important step that is often missed by many people. Each page must have a set goal apart from just ranking. This process is known as establishing the value proposition for each page.
- Plan new page titles: It is great to keep on adding new page titles when your existing page titles have established value propositions. This way, the visitors will get new information frequently whenever they land on the page.
- Reviews and edits pages whenever needed: Sometimes, it is good to make some changes. This will keep your information updated on the web page. Go for compelling and error-free content that always adds more value to the readers’ knowledge.
In today’s time, it is essential to take the help of the latest technology to see great results in the near future.